Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-18 Origin: Site
Civic Ni-MH battery is a kind of battery with good performance. Civic Ni-MH batteries are divided into high-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries and low-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries. The positive active material of the Civic nickel-hydrogen battery is Ni(OH)2 (called NiO electrode), the negative active material is metal hydride, also called hydrogen storage alloy (the electrode is called hydrogen storage electrode), and the electrolyte is 6mol/L potassium hydroxide solution. As an important direction of hydrogen energy application, the Civic Ni-MH battery has attracted more and more attention.
Here is the content list:
1.How did the Civic Ni-MH battery appear?
2.What is the structure and principle of the Civic Ni-MH battery?
3.How are Civic Ni-MH batteries classified?
As fossil fuels are becoming less and less under the condition of large-scale development and utilization of human beings, in recent years, the development and utilization of hydrogen energy have received increasing attention. As an important direction of hydrogen energy application, the Civic Ni-MH battery has attracted more and more attention. Although the Civic Ni-MH battery is indeed a kind of battery with good performance, the Civic Ni-MH battery for aerospace is a high-pressure nickel-hydrogen battery. Such high-pressure hydrogen is easy to explode when stored in a thin-walled container, and the nickel-hydrogen battery also requires precious metals as a catalyst, making its cost very expensive, which is difficult to be accepted by civilians. Therefore, foreign countries have begun to explore civilian low-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries since the 1970s. The high-voltage Ni-MH battery was first developed by M.Klein and J.F.Stockel in the United States in the early 1970s. The trend of using Civic nickel-metal hydride batteries instead of cadmium-nickel batteries and applying them on various satellites has taken shape.
The positive active material of the Civic Ni-MH battery is Ni(OH)2 (called NiO electrode), the negative active material is metal hydride, also called hydrogen storage alloy (the electrode is called hydrogen storage electrode), and the electrolyte is 6mol/L potassium hydroxide solution. The process methods for the active material to form the electrode pads mainly include sintering, slurrying, foaming nickel, fiber nickel, and infiltrating, etc. Electrodes prepared by different processes have large differences in capacity and large current discharge performance. The Civic Ni-MH battery is produced in different processes according to the use conditions. Civic Ni-MH batteries for communications and other civilian use mostly use stretched-type negative electrodes and foamed nickel-type positive electrodes to form batteries.
Civic Ni-MH batteries are divided into high-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries and low-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries.
Low-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries have the following characteristics:
(1) The battery voltage is 1.2~1.3V, which is equivalent to nickel-cadmium batteries;
(2) The energy density is high, which is more than 1.5 times that of nickel-cadmium batteries;
(3) Quick charge and discharge, good low-temperature performance;
(4) It can be sealed and has strong resistance to overcharge and discharge;
(5) No dendrites are formed, which can prevent short circuits in the battery;
(6) Safe and reliable, no pollution to the environment, no memory effect, etc.
The high-voltage Civic Ni-MH battery has the following characteristics:
(1) High reliability. It has better over-discharge and over-charge protection can withstand higher charge-discharge rates and has no dendrite formation. Has good specific characteristics. The mass-specific capacity of the high-voltage Civic Ni-MH battery is 60A·h/kg, which is 5 times that of the Ni-Cd battery.
(2) Long cycle life, up to thousands of times.
(3) Compared with nickel-cadmium batteries, high-voltage Civic Ni-MH batteries are fully sealed and require less maintenance.
(4) Excellent low-temperature performance, the capacity does not change significantly at -10°C.
GK International Enterprises Co., Ltd. has developed a variety of different Civic Ni-MH batteries and conducted a large number of tests before leaving the factory to ensure the quality. If you want to know more about our professional Civic hybrid battery and Honda hybrid battery products, you can contact us at any time.